Whooshing Deadlines / Translato Oy’s Privacy Notice
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller has an obligation to inform data subjects in a clear and unambiguous manner. This Privacy Notice meets that obligation.
Translato Oy (auxiliary company name: Whooshing Deadlines)
33180 Tampere, Finland
Contact person for matters related to the personal data file
Anna Mäntynen, CEO
33180 Tampere, Finland
2. Data subjects
The data file contains personal information concerning our customers, potential customers and partners. If our customers create personal information in the Whooshing Deadlines application regarding their own customers, they are considered controllers and the data created falls outside the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
3. Intended use of personal data
The legal basis for the data file and the processing of personal data are the following:
- processing is necessary for customer relationship management. Translato Oy utilises the data to inform data subjects of the properties of its products, upgrades and updates, and any technical issues and how to solve them;
- the data subject has given consent to the processing by submitting, for example, an invitation to tender, a product enquiry or a request for technical support, or consents to processing or sending marketing messages during a product demonstration, a training or other such event, or via our website or social media services;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate business interests pursued by Translato Oy in order to provide services to its customers and potential customers as part of its business operations.
Purpose of processing personal data and of the personal data file
We process personal data only for predefined purposes, which are as follows:
- managing customer relationships (e.g. product enquiries, processing of orders and support requests);
- providing information about our services to translators, interpreters and other language industry professionals and marketing them to potential customers;
- monitoring and ensuring the technical functionality of the application products.
4. Data stored in the personal data file
The data file contains the following personal information: name and email address of the customer or their contact person and the customer’s domicile and postal address. We also store other information necessary for the fulfilment of VAT obligations and for the provision of application services but they are not personal data (e.g. payment transaction identification data, VAT number, customer relationship start date, purchased products, application version and the number of licences).
5. Rights of the data subject
The GDPR provides data subjects with certain rights, which are listed below. Any requests related to exercising these rights should be sent to Translato Oy, Salotie 11, 33180 Tampere, Finland / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right of access
You have the right to access your personal information held by Translato Oy.
Right to request rectification
You have the right to request that we correct or complete personal information we have collected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to object
You may object to the processing of your personal data if you feel the data is processed in breach of applicable laws and regulations.
Ban on the use of personal data for direct marketing
You have the right to prohibit the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to erasure
You may request the erasure of data, if data processing is not necessary. We will process the request and then either erase the data or provide a justified reason for why the data cannot be erased. For example, deleting your email address from the data file will result in a situation whereby you are no longer able to access our products.
It should be noted that the controller may have a statutory or other right not to erase the data requested to be erased. The controller has an obligation to retain accounting materials for the period (10 years) set out in the Finnish Accounting Act (chapter 2, section 10). Therefore, accounting-related materials cannot be erased before the expiration of this period.
Withdrawal of consent
Where the processing of personal data is based solely on your consent and not, for example, an account or membership, you may revoke your consent at any time.
Right to lodge a complaint about a decision with the Data Protection Ombudsman
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of contested data until the issue is resolved.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Ombudsman either of your country of residence inside the EU or of Finland, if you think we have violated existing data protection legislation when processing personal data.
Website and contact information for the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman: https://tietosuoja.fi/en/home
6. Regular data sources
Data retained in the data file are mainly obtained from the customers themselves in the context of enquiries or product orders. The forms on the website indicate the information collected. Translato Oy also collects data via marketing events and from publicly available registers (e.g. specialised search engines and other such services where people belonging to the marketing target group have submitted data, both in the EU and in other countries).
7. Regular disclosure of data
As a rule, Translato Oy does not disclose data to third parties for marketing purposes.
We have ensured that all our service providers comply with data protection legislation. Our regular service providers include the following:
- Stripe (webshop payment handling)
- Paypal (webshop payment handling)
- MailChimp (e-newsletter sending tool)
- Pirkan Tilipalvelu Oy (accountancy firm)
- Xetpoint Oy (provider of the application’s cloud server and database environment).
8. Processing period
As a general rule, your personal data will be processed as long as your account is valid. You may have your data removed from the data file but in this case you will no longer be able to access our services. You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletter mailing list via a link included in each of the newsletter emails we send. Accounting materials, such as invoices, are retained for as long as is required by law.
9. Processors of personal data
The data files are processed by Translato Oy’s employees. The processing of personal data has not been outsourced. As a rule, we do not submit invoicing materials or other documents containing personal data to our accounting firm. Our server environment provider has no access to our customer register or the personal data it contains.
10. Transfer of data outside the EU
In most situations, we do not transfer your personal data outside of the EU or the EEA. If data is transferred outside the EU or the EEA, we will ensure the adequate level of protection by, for example, agreeing on matters related to the confidentiality and processing of the data in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws.
11. Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use the data for automated decision-making or profiling.